So Robin, Kadi, and I have been training for the Susan G. Komen 5K run for about 6 weeks now. The day before Mother's Day we ran the race together. It was a particularly big accomplishment for me. Before I got pregnant, I hated running. But I needed to lose baby pounds.
So I'd hop on the treadmill and run every day after classes. Before I knew it, I was starting to like the rhythm of the run, the burn in my legs, and the endorphins!...for the first time in weeks, I felt energized and in a good mood all the time. So my hate for running turned to love. And although 3.1 miles doesn't sound like a lot, it's not something that I would have imagined I could do 4 months ago. I used to push just to run for 10 minutes straight. Now my run isn't complete until I've been going for half an hour. I love the fact that I love to run. And I love that I found some great girls to run with me! Here are a few pictures of our big race day.

Way to go Woman! I hate running and I'm proud!!
ReplyDeletethat is such an awesome accomplishment! you are on a roll, dana! i'm so happy for you.
ReplyDeleteGood for you! Good cause, too :)
ReplyDelete