I began my Valentine's Day with Dave by waking up at 7:30 to make him Belgian waffles, a delicious waffle topped with syrup, vanilla bean ice cream, and strawberries. Since he usually wakes up at 8, I thought this would be enough time for me to get his breakfast ready. At 8:00 he was still sleeping and continued to sleep until 9! So I had to reheat everything so that it would appear as if I'd just made them. And to make everything even cuter, I put the breakfast on a tray and brought it to him- Breakfast in Bed! At that point, Cage decided to join us for breakfast.
It was a BEAUTIFUL day outside, hardly a cloud in the sky. So our holiday continued with taking Cage and Bella to the park. We let Bella off the leash, since she usually doesn't get to be free. She went up and down the slides at the playground (thank heavens, no kids were there). Afterwards, she went swimming in the lake nearby and we got a kick out of watching her scare away the turtles there.
Bella got taken home and Cage got taken to Robin's so Dave and I could do something, just the two of us. And that's when I asked Dave to teach me how to ride his motorcycle. We went to an abandoned parking lot and he very patiently showed me how to ride. After an hour of practice, I was comfortable driving the motorcycle (by myself!!!) at 15 mph. Success! Then Dave took me on a ride and we got up to 30 mph and I freaked out and screamed at him to slow down. I may have been a little dramatic.
I would have skipped class on Valentine's day, but the professor was teaching new material for an exam, so I kinda had to go. But Dave used that time I was gone to prepare something special for me. I came home to a candle-lit house. Romantic music playing in the background. A red tablecloth with cut-out paper hearts on it. And a beautiful dinner laid out for me to eat. I actually started to cry because I was so ataken back (the fact that our wedding song was on didn't help). And THEN, Dave did something else to take my breath away. After eating, I started to clear away the table, but Dave refused to let me do that. He instead took my hand and led me out to the dance floor (our living room), where we began dancing to the song played. And we danced to another and another and another.
Finally to end things off, Dave took me up in a plane to see the sun set. As the sky got darker and darker we began to point out the stars we saw above us. And then we looked down and saw the whole Dallas area lit up like a Christmas village. It was the most spectacular thing I'd ever seen! I couldn't have asked for a better way to end the perfect Valentine's day.

Aww, that sounds perfect! Way to go Dave!
ReplyDeleteNicely done little brother. You have set the bar impossibly high! Sounds perfectly sweet and romantic. The motorcycle and airplane make you seem like a rebel, then you go and cut out paper hearts.
ReplyDeleteSo precious Dana! Dave's a total romantic!
ReplyDeleteholy moly, dana! that is awesome!!! and i'm so glad i can read your blog, i love it!
ReplyDelete