Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013: The last time I'll say "amazing"

Recently, my sister read an article called something like, "7 things people under 30 should not say". One of those words was "amaze-balls", but the author also recommended that we retire the word "amazing", as it is used way too often. And not everything is amazing. Some things are just good, some are just so-so, some are stupendous. So I realized that I'm using the words "amazing" and "awesome" waaaaay too much for things that aren't even that cool. And seriously, I KNOW I have a better vocabulary than that! So in 2014, I'll be using words like wonderful, economical, intelligent, inspiring, delectable, phenomenal, etc.

But when I look back on the year 2013, it's hard to NOT use the word amazing! We had such a great year. There were ups and downs, but the ups definitely outweighed the downs. Just take a look and you'll see how... unbelievable... our year was.

January- For Christmas 2012, Dave got me season tickets to the Broadway traveling shows at the Pantages Theater. This theater is located right smack in the middle of Hollywood, with the bright neon lights and all. It reminded me of being back in Times Square. We saw Peter Pan, Catch Me If You Can, and (my fave!!) Beauty and the Beast. Needless to say, best present ever!





February- This is the month where Cage absolutely refused to eat his peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I told him he could not leave the table until he had finished it. He sat there for an hour and a half before he FELL asleep. Haha, even then I didn't cut the kid any slack. I put him in his bed and the minute he woke up, I took him back downstairs to eat his sandwich. He did.

March- This was a miraculous month. My sister (same one who read the article) adopted 3 children and got sealed in the temple over Easter weekend. We could not have been happier for that family!
April- My first NBA game! Go Clippers!

May- We went to an infamous pancake restaurant called The Griddle. We had to wake up super early in the morning so we could get in a line that was already half an hour long. And a stack of pancakes was $12. But for good reason. The pancakes were bigger than Shrek's head!! And infused with yummy goodness, like Oreos. Worth every penny. 

June- SurfAir's inauguration flight. FINALLY!! 
July- My little angel joined us 5 weeks early. Best day of the whole year.



August- Married for 4 years to this hottie! He took me out shooting guns for one of our anniversary activities. Some people might think that's incredibly unromantic. But my husband knows me so well and knows that I like new, adventurous, slightly dangerous things. So this was the perfect anniversary gift! Thanks honey!!!

September- Mia's baby blessing. Thanks to all the family who came!

October- Cage started soccer this year! He looked so ridiculously cute in his uniform (and slightly resemblant of the Green Giant. Ho ho ho). At first, he hated every minute of it, but by the second game, he was out there running around and having a great time. Oh my gosh, I've never laughed so hard. I say running around, but that doesn't mean he was running in the right direction...at all...and most of the time it wasn't with the ball. Haha, there's always next year for improvement. 
November- Thus begins our long, long trip moving from Los Angeles to Dallas. Along the way, we stopped at an aircraft graveyard in Tucson. Dave had always wanted to go and see the planes there, so I indulged him. It was seriously like watching a kid at Christmas.


December- Other than the typical Christmas stuff, it was a pretty slow month. Except when this freak ice storm hit! I love it when it snows in Texas, because nobody knows what to do with it. There's hardly any equipment to clear the roads, so everything shuts down (even places like CVS and Wal-Mart). School is out and kids slide down the slopes on whatever they can find! 




So if 2014 is going to be anything close to what 2013 was, I am stoked for it! I will graduate in May. Cage will be preschool age and Mia will become a toddler. My brother will go on his mission to Irvine, CA. We'll move either to another house in Arlington or to another place entirely! Stay with us to learn what adventures come our way. Love you all and Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. I love you and your cute AWESOME self :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great year--except the part where you moved away from me! But I guess we are moving soon too--who knows, we may randomly end up on the same state again! ;)

    ReplyDelete