Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It's that time of year again! The time of year where I get so ridiculously excited for a certain event to start that I am literally on my tippy-toes the week before, waiting for the day to finally arrive. The time of year where I break out the blue in my wardrobe. You got it- it's BYU football time!!!!
Every year starts the same- I'm super excited and feeling really positive about the season. But the last few years, that excitement hasn't lasted very long. Mostly because we haven't had a really great season since Max Hall was QB-ing. Max Hall was during my era, when I was a student at BYU. However, I am excited for a couple of new things that we'll see in this season of football.
1) The new "go-fast-go-hard" offensive technique. I've been reading a lot about how our offensive plays are very quick-paced. This could be a disaster waiting to happen or a phenomenal approach to how we play on the field. Either way, something needed to change with our offense and this should make the games very exciting to watch. Let's hope Robert Anae got it right this time!
2) Taysom Hill- We got to see a little bit of his work last season, but I am ready to watch him as a starting QB. He's new blood and I'm always hopeful with new blood (especially if the old blood wasn't that great!). I think he has great potential and he says that Cody Hoffman was catching everything he threw at him during camp. Here's to hoping that kind of teamwork continues during the season.
3) D-E-F-E-N-S-E -- Our defense was amazing last year! I mean, 3rd in the nation isn't half bad ;-) Can't wait to see what we'll be doing this year. With people like Bronson Kaufusi to replace Ziggy Ansah, we could rule the defensive world again.
4) BYU vs Utah game- Last year, they said it wouldn't happen for the next 3 years. But I am thrilled that they were wrong! Seriously, how are you NOT going to schedule a game against our biggest rivals? I bet the BYU-Utah game earns the teams more money than all the other games combined. I'm hoping to see it in person this year, but the odds are slim. But I can still hope, right????
5) New outfits- I am stoked to not only see BYU in new uniforms...but my family as well! Mia has the cutest little BYU cheerleading outfit that I hope she fits in for the first game. Since she's a preemie, she tends to drown in anything cute I dress her in. And you know that Dave, Cage, and I will be rocking our BYU attire every Saturday til December. Every year we take a family BYU picture. This was ours last year.
And this was our very first BYU football season with Cage!
What's really bugging me is that I can't find ANY of my navy blue BYU shirts. All I can find is the gray one, so that'll have to do for this season. Anywho, time to bust out the BYU brownie recipe and teach Cage the Fight song, cuz the first game is only 6 days away! GOOOOOOOOO COUGARS!
Sunday, August 25, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm thinking BYU goes 7-5 at best.
ReplyDeleteGo Cougs!!!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I have cheerleading outfits from when I was a baby/toddler, and I'm so excited b/c this year London and the new baby will be just the right size for both of them! Wonder of wonder! Can't wait to see pics of Mia and Cage supporting BYU!
Lauren, you should totally come and watch the game with us, we can get all the kiddos in their cute BYU gear ;-)
ReplyDelete