Sunday, September 12, 2010

Meet McCager David

On September 2, 2010 we got the newest member of our family, McCager David Eyerly. He was born a whole 2 weeks earlier than expected, making his parents very happy! On September 1, Dave was in Altus, OK for work and I was sitting at home watching the cable guy set up our internet. I let Bella outside and realized that the cable guy had left the backyard gate open. Bella raced for her freedom! I ran around the neighborhood trying to get her to come back. Must've been a pretty funny picture, since it was more waddling than running. When I finally got her back inside the house, I started having contractions. I called Dave and told him that I thought I was going into labor. He was already on his way home and said he'd be there in an hour. When he got home, we went to the mall and walked around for a few hours, in attempt to get me to progress. Nothing happened. The contractions weren't progressing. So we went home and figured that we'd get some sleep and see what happened the next day. Neither of us got any sleep. I was having contractions just often enough that sleep was out of the question. And Dave was so anxious, he coudn't sleep. Around 2 am, September 2, we decided to go to the hospital. Turns out I had dilated to a 6. I was admitted to the hospital, where they gave me an epidural. HALLELUJAH! Let me tell you, that is some amazing thing. I never knew you could SLEEP during labor, but with an epi, it's totally possible. And Dave and I did, since we were so low on sleep anyway. After about 11 hours of labor at the hospital and feeling basically none of it, I was dilated enough to have a baby. After pushing for 30 minutes, McCager David Eyerly came into the world. He weighed 7.5 lbs and was 20.5 inches long. He was a perfect pink hue, with a full head of soft, velvety, jet black hair. We stayed at the hospital until Saturday, the 4th. Now Dave and I have an adorable baby boy (I would say the MOST adorable, but I know some moms who would disagree, lol) and we could not be happier parents. Nothing in the world beats that feeling you get when they first place your child on your chest and you realized that he's yours forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment